Carson HookUpz 2.0 Universal Smartphone Optics Digiscoping Adapter for Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Telescopes, Microscopes, Monoculars and More (IS-200)
- Universal smartphone optics adapter fits nearly all smartphones & phablets like the iPhone XS/XS Max/X/8+/8/7+/7 with cases up to 3.75 inches wide | Not Compatible with tablets or riflescopes (See Application Guide Under Product Details Section for Info)
- Universal - Compatible with most optics including binoculars, spotting scopes, telescopes, microscopes (including slit lamps), monoculars, endoscopes, borescopes and more | Compatible eyepiece diameters must range between 25-58mm in diameter
- Contains a patented self-centering, dual-spring, quick-release clamp and an optic cam-lock for a tighter grip on your eyepiece to prevent sagging and slippage issues | Compatible with Dual Camera Phones | Glows in the dark during low light situations
- Horizontal phone alignment is done using a variable pitch screw for fine control but can also be moved quickly b/w an iPhone (corner camera) & Android (center camera) positions | New alignment features will not interfere with side buttons on your phone
- Warranty - Backed by Carson's Limited Lifetime Warranty | Included with an EVA storage case and a lens spacer for added eye relief | For any issues with compatibility or set up, please contact Carson's customer service department
- Product Dimensions: 4.02 x 1.73 x 4.49 inches; 0.84 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.84 pounds
- ASIN: B01LCHLDWS
- Item model number: IS-200
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The HookUpz 2.0 (IS-200) from Carson is a universal smartphone digiscoping optics adapter that allows users to connect their smartphones or phablets to a variety of different optics. Then, use your built-in camera applications to take pictures and record video through the eyes of your optics. Use the HookUpz 2.0 to connect your smartphone to binoculars, spotting scopes, telescopes, microscopes (including slit lamps), monoculars, endoscopes, borescopes and so much more! The HookUpz 2.0 is compatible with smartphones and phablets like the iPhone 6/6S Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS/XS Max and Samsung Galaxy models with cases up to 3.75 inches wide. The HookUpz 2.0 is compatible with dual camera phones as well. Please note that the HookUpz 2.0 is NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TABLETS OR RIFLESCOPES. The HookUpz 2.0 is only compatible with optic eyepieces that have an outer housing diameter that range between 25mm-58mm and a depth of at least 14mm (0.6 inches). Your optical eyepiece can be straight or slightly tapered but please note that complex shaped eyepieces may not work (please reference sizing guide for additional information).
The IS-200 contains glow in the dark rubber pieces to increase visibility in low light situations. The HookUpz 2.0 also has some new and improved features from Carson's original IS-100 model. The clamping mechanism now features a self-centering, dual-spring, quick-release clamp and an optic cam-lock for a tighter grip on your eyepiece to prevent sagging and slippage issues. We also re-designed the horizontal and vertical adjustment features making them a lot more compact and ergonomical. The horizontal phone alignment is now done using a variable pitch screw for fine control adjustments but can also be moved quickly between an iPhone (corner camera) and Android (center camera) positions. The vertical alignment is now controlled on the top for a more compact design that should not interfere with any side buttons on your phone.
The HookUpz 2.0 comes included with a protective EVA zippered storage case along with an optional lens spacer for added eye relief. The HookUpz 2.0 is backed by Carson's limited lifetime warranty.
Using the HookUpz Smartphone Adapters With Multiple Camera Phones:
• For Apple iPhone X users, if you encounter a black screen effect when digitally zooming – we recommend that you upgrade to at least iOS 12. If you don’t wish to upgrade your iOS, only digitally zoom after you lock the focus and exposure (hold finger on screen on the center of the image viewed through optic until the yellow box ‘AE/AF LOCK’ is displayed).
• For all Apple dual camera phones (iPhone XS/XS Max/X/8+/7+), align the adapter to the 1x wide-angle camera, which is the one nearest to the corner. The iPhone XS Max alignment will be about 2-3mm lower than the center of the corner camera. Please visit the HookUpz 2.0 product page on the Carson website for further details.
• For Android dual camera phones, align adapter to the primary camera.